GRAND ERIE DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD OCCASIONAL TEACHER LOCAL WELCOMES YOU
Making a Difference Together
If you are a Daily Occasional Teacher and have lost preparation time, there is a form to complete to ensure that the next time that you are at a particular school that your preparation time is paid back. We are still working on this process for Itinerants so please be patient.
The last event will be our Ice Cream Social. This will be a friends and family event and will take place in afternoon of Saturday, June 24, 2023, 1 pm at Indulge in Simcoe and 3 pm at Duey's in Brantford.
Simcoe Indulge: 1 free waffle cone 2 scoops
Dueys Brantford: 1 free 2 scoops
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR THE 2022-23 SCHOOL YEAR
Union Email and Important Dates
Regular EMAIL from your UNION
This is a bargaining year. Prompt and accurate communication is critical!
Have you been receiving emails from our Database?
If not, please subscribe:
LOCAL MEETING DATES
Completed until Fall, 2023
BOARD PROFESSIONAL LEARNING DAYS
June 2 - Curriculum and Assessment Reporting
June 29 - Student Achievement: Reflecting and Planning
May 22 - Victoria Day
GRAND ERIE DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD ELEMENTARY OCCASSIONAL TEACHERS UNION AT A GLANCE
A Bit of Background
The Grand Erie District School Board Occasional Teachers (GEDSBOT) is the professional and protective organization representing over 450 Occasional teachers employed in the public elementary schools of Haldimand, Norfolk and Brant. All public Occasional elementary teachers in Haldimand Norfolk and Brant are active members of GEDSBOT. We are one of 76 locals across the province. Our Executive Members strive to effectively serve the membership. To learn more about what each Executive Member please meet the team.
COVID -19 PAID LEAVE
PUTTING WORKERS FIRST ACT, 2021
COVID-19 Putting Workers First Act, 2021 - paid leave extended to Dec. 31, 2021
Daily Occasional Teachers may have access the three paid days of leave under Bill 248:
A qualified employee would be entitled to a paid leave of absence (not to exceed $200 per day) under Bill 284 because of one or more of the following reasons:
· the employee is under individual medical investigation, supervision or treatment for COVID-19, including being vaccinated or recovering from vaccination;
· the employee is acting in accordance with a section 22 or section 35 order under the Health Protection and Promotion Act that relates to COVID-19 (e.g., their workplace is shut down by a Public Health Unit and they are directed to self-isolate, etc.);
· the employee is in quarantine or isolation as a result of information or direction from a Public Health Unit official, a qualified medical practitioner, Telehealth Ontario, the Government of Ontario, the Government of Canada, a municipal council or board of health;
· the employee is given a direction by their employer in response to a concern that the employee may expose others in the workplace to COVID-19; and
· the employee is providing care for a family member (i.e., dependent) who is under medical investigation, is receiving treatment or is under quarantine/isolation due to COVID-19.
· employee’s spouse;
· parent, step-parent, foster parent of the employee or employee’s spouse;
· child, step-child, foster child of the employee or employee’s spouse;
· child under legal guardianship of the employee or employee’s spouse;
· brother, step-brother, sister or step-sister of the employee;
· grandparent, step-grandparent, grandchild or step-grandchild of the employee or employee’s spouse;
· brother-in-law, step-brother-in-law, sister-in-law or step-sister-in-law of the employee;
· son-in-law or daughter-in-law of the employee or employee’s spouse;
· uncle or aunt of the employee or employee’s spouse;
· nephew or niece of the employee or employee’s spouse;
· spouse of the employee’s grandchild, uncle, aunt, nephew or niece;
· a person who considers the employee to be like a family member; and/or
· any individual prescribed as a family member.
Application for payment under this program is made to the Employer.
Longer Term Absences due to Covid-19
The Government of Canada currently offers the Canada Recovery Sickness Benefit (CSRB).
Information regarding the CSRB can be accessed here: CRSB
We not only provide our members with quality programning and workshops we also offer funds to members to further their education.
“One is not always happy when one is good; but one is always good when one is happy”